December 1st Local Protest Action
Updated: Aug 24, 2019
Independence activists and supporters from different cities in Indonesia and West Papua took to the streets last December 1 to commemorate the 57th anniversary of the Flag Raising Day.
Other cities wherein protests were also held are:
1. Kupang District: 18 people arrested
2. Ternate City: 99 people arrested
3. Ambon City: 43 people arrested
4. Manado City: 27 people arrested
5. Makassar City: 24 people arrested
6. Surabaya City: 233 people arrested
7. Jakarta: 140 people were surrounded and blocked in front of the Indonesia Legal Aid Foundation / YLBHI Building.
1. Jayapura Regency: 44 people arrested
2. Jayapura City: 41 people arrested
3. Asmat District: 10 people
4. Serui District: 7 people
Total Arrests in Indonesia and West Papua: 595 people
Source: ULMWP in West Papua
Dec 1: Updates on the situations are still being gathered as of posting.